Brimex BioBest - Hypoaspis System (Soil predatory mites against soil insects)
With the Brimex BioBest Hypoaspis System you have soil predatory mites that can be used against various soil insects. The Hypoaspis System is also called Stratiolaelaps Scimitus. These predatory mites live in the upper soil layer and feed on harmful soil insects, larvae of the Sciarid Fly, larvae of shore fly and thrips pupae do not stand a chance.
What are Stratiolaelaps Scimitus?
- Brown-colored, robust potted predatory mites
- Live in the upper soil layer
- Feed on harmful soil insects
- Easily survive several weeks without prey
What pest can you control with these?
- Larvae of the sciarid fly
- Larvae of the shore fly
- Thrips pupae
How do the predatory mites control?
- Both nymphs and adult predatory mites feed on harmful soil insects
- Each predatory mite can devour up to 5 prey per day
- Stratiolaelaps scimitus help reduce thrips pupae
- In the absence of prey, they survive on algae and plant debris
In which crops are Stratiolaelaps scimitus usable?
- Container cultivation
- Full ground cultivation
- Potted plant cultivation